Lifeguards are expected to:
- Maintain the safety of the patrons in and around the waterfront/pool areas.
- Represent Crowders Ridge by maintaining a professional attitude when interacting with campers/adults.
- Communicate and enforce all Crowders Ridge regulations and rules in a personable and professional manner.
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the waterfront/pool to the Aquatics Director.
- Attend all scheduled aquatic staff meetings.
- Participate in and help facilitate water related to related to training or other camp staff.
- Perform patron surveillance with a rescue tube from the guard stand, dock, blob tower, and in water at the base of the water slides.
- Remain alert and use all senses while in position; mobile devices will be prohibited during working hours at the waterfront/pool.
- Work as a team with other lifeguards and/or other staff daily and when scheduled during special events.
- Set up the waterfront/pool for tribal areas and free swim.
- Be able to effectively respond to an emergency and contact/activate EMS.
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training.
- Effectively communicate any incidents or injuries to supervisor and/or chaperones.
- Participate in in-service trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of lifesaving equipment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and standard resuscitation measures.
- Knowledge of aquatic rules and regulations.
- Skilled in the application of lifesaving techniques.
- Skilled in swimming.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
Must possess current Lifeguard certification or possess expired certification within the last 3 years.
Professional Rescuer Cardiopulmonary (CPR)
Be at least 16 years of age