Are you a Leader? Do you love serving others and experiencing camp in a new way? We have a spot for you! Crowders Ridge is proud to offer positions on our team to enthusiastic individuals who love Jesus.
Summer Staff (College age)
Our Camp positions are paid, but we would like to have staffers that see it as a cause and not a job. Paid Positions require you to be present at ALL Camp weeks June-July. We are on a mission to see hundreds of lives changed this summer. We would love to see you invest and be changed by giving yourself away for the summer to serve God at Crowders Ridge. We treat this as an active mission field, not as a summer job. We have positions in the following areas available:
- Mission: To glorify God by modeling and equipping each camper to follow Jesus.
- Description: You will be mom, dad, teacher, mentor, and friend to campers. You will pour into 6-8 students lives and show them what it means to be a Christ follower by leading by example. You must be energetic, compassionate, selfless, patient kind and be willing to be stretched by God.
- Mission: To glorify God by creating unforgettable moments in order to cultivate hearts.
- Description: You create unforgettable moments through recreation. You must be creative, high energy, and hard working. Your responsibilities include creating hype moments for students from the stage, explaining game rules, executing and tearing down each game as well as officiating games.
- Mission: To glorify God by providing moments of deliberation for campers.
- Description: You support our band and worship leaders by using technology to help students engage. Some of these include, lighting support, ProPresenter/lyrics, stage props.
- Mission: To glorify God by capturing unforgettable and impactful moments of camp.
- Description: To capture the moments of camp to engage more students online and year round. Some of these photos and/or videos will be used on social media as well as our web site.
Guest Services Team
- Mission: To glorify God by professionally representing Crowders Ridge.
- Description: You help manage and organize the camp store. You’ll also be handling camp registrations and answering phone calls regarding general questions about camp.
Still in High School? Want to serve?
Previously called “interns,” we have a service program called Guide that is perfect for people still in high school that want to serve others. For more information, click here.
Bucks Staff (Middle & High School age)
Bucks is Crowders Ridge Camp store where we sell beverages, snacks, merchandise, and much more! Staff would be responsible for selling, restocking, and keeping up with sales. With this paid position, you must be responsible, reliable, and hardworking. You must have an open schedule, and be open to work morning/evening shifts, weekends, and late nights during the summer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Crowders Ridge and what is it like? Crowders Ridge is located in Gastonia, NC, about 30 minutes west of Charlotte. It’s a 50 acres portrait of forest and beautiful 2-acre lake, all situated at the foot of Crowders Mountain State Park.
What qualifications do you look for in prospective staff members? Crowders Ridge hires 20 extraordinary college students who are following whole-heartedly after Jesus and are passionate about inspiring and equipping the next generation to do the same.
How does the hiring process work? The process begins with an application. We then check your spiritual and occupational references, set up a phone interview and submit your information for a national background check. Most importantly, we pray over the entire process and ask God to build the right team for that year.
How many people does Crowders Ridge hire for the summer? We hire around 20 college students for Summer 2018, including 30-40% veterans from previous summers and 60-70% rookies.
How much will I make at Crowders Ridge? You will receive a stipend of $1300 for the summer. You will also receive special discount at Bucks (our camp store) for apparel and snacks. Director positions are paid differently based on the time commitment and experience level required.
How do I become a director? Directors are hired based on their experience with us. They are hired based on the time that they have served with us. Please do not apply if you have never worked at Crowders Ridge.
What does a director do? They lead and oversee specific teams (ie. media/production teams, rec team, etc.) throughout the summer to accomplish the goal set before them at the beginning of the summer.
Can I use a summer at Crowders Ridge as an internship? Absolutely! If your school allows it, we would be more than happy to accommodate it while you’re here with us.
When does Crowders Ridge summer season start and finish? All regular summer staffers must arrive by 5 PM on May 30th. The Summer ends on Saturday, August 4th.
When do Director’s arrive? Directors will arrive two weeks prior to regular summer staff. They will arrive May 14th.
Am I required to attend Staff Camp (training)? YES! It is a time to prepare your heart and head with the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to accomplish all that God has called you to do here at Crowders Ridge. It is also a time of camaraderie building with other staffers.
What age group will I be working with? You will have the opportunity to work with kids ages 7-18.
How many kids attend camp each week? Approximately 350 campers per week attend our programs.
What are the weekends like during the summer? Many weekends you will have some responsibilities. But, we always consider weekends a time of rest and a time for you to recharge for the upcoming week. Specific weekends off and away from camp will be given when available.
What if I need to leave for an event (wedding, emergency, etc.)? Yes. We understand that you are at the age where many of your friends are getting married. We will do our best to accommodate if you are IN weddings, but we must be notified before the summer so the necessary adjustments can be made. You may also leave for family emergencies, but a director or supervisor will need to be notified before departure.
What is the schedule for the summer?
- May 30 – June 3 – Staff Camp
- June 7 – 9 – CRjr Camp
- June 18 – 22 – Student Camp (MS Only)
- June 25 – 29 – Student Camp
- July 6 – 9 – Student Camp
- July 23 – 27 – Student Camp
- July 27 – 31 – Student Camp
- July 31 – August 3 – Kids Camp